During the NFDA International Convention & Expo in Austin, make sure you visit NFDA Central. There you'll find staff members who can get you the information or answers you need or simply point you in the right direction. Browse the NFDA Bookstore, check out Pursuit of Excellence Award winners and place your bids in the PAC Silent Auction.
NFDA Membership and Bookstore: Receive a gift when you join NFDA or renew yourmembership. Discover great products, information and continuing education offerings to help you achieve more for the families you serve and for your business. Check out new NFDA logo wear and purchase NFDA Convention workshop recordings.
Pursuit of Excellence: Discover an impactful way to set your firm apart from the competition and also see what's happening with the firms already participating in NFDA's premier public relations program. The Pursuit of Excellence program is just one of the many ways NFDA can help you achieve more in your community, your business and your life.
NFDA PAC Silent Auction: Stop at the NFDA Political Action Committee (PAC) Silent Auction area to meet your Washington, D.C., Advocacy staff and peruse exciting silent auction items donated by state associations and individual funeral directors.
- Sunday, October 20
- 10 a.m.-12 p.m.: Book signing with Coleen Ellis, author of Pet Parents: A Journey Through Unconditional Love and Grief
- 2-4 p.m.: Book signing with Thomas Lynch and Dr. Thomas Long, authors ofThe Good Funeral: Death, Grief and the Community of Care
- Monday, October 21
- 9:30-10:30 a.m.: Book signing with Debra Schmidt, author of Building Customer Loyalty From the Inside Out
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m.: Book Signing with Dr. Alan Wolfelt, author of Creating Meaningful Funeral Ceremonies: A Guide for Families
- Tuesday, October 22
- 10 a.m.-12 p.m.: Book signing with Thomas Lynch and Dr. Thomas Long, authors of The Good Funeral: Death, Grief and the Community of Care
- Wednesday, October 23
- 9:30-11:30 a.m.: DVD signing with filmmaker Judith Burdick, Transforming Loss, A Documentary
Funeral Service Foundation: Stop by and learn about the Funeral Service Foundation, a national public grant-making organization whose mission is to provide resources for career and professional development, support for funeral service and allied professions, public awareness and education and improvement of children's lives.
Funeral and Memorial Information Council (FAMIC): Learn more about the new consumer education campaign Have the Talk of a Lifetime campaign. NFDA is a proud member of FAMIC and is pleased to be a part of this groundbreaking national effort to help consumers understand the value of fuenrals. With your help, the campaign will be successful and we will begin to change consumer attitudes toward funerals. Visit the booth and learn how you can support the nationwide Have the Talk of a Lifetimecampaign.
-Courtesy of NFDA.org